Friday, November 25, 2011

抹茶(Powdered green tea)




















抹茶(powdered green tea) is a kind of Japanese original tea and has been loved by Japanese circa for a hundred years. Its taste is little bitter but softly leaves green tea flavor in your mouth and nose. This is a temple in “Arashiyama” which we can have some 抹茶 and Japanese traditional sweets inside of. This time, I had a cup of 抹茶 and sweets with my friends, then I thought “I drink a real form of 抹茶 for the first time unexpectedly. Something has probably been making me mistake as if I’d been familiar with the taste. 






















101118sweetsmatcha002.jpg
We Japanese can say 抹茶 is a taste that we are used to and fond of, but I doubt if what we are used to is a real 抹茶 or just a flavor of it. The answer to this question may be the second of the two. To take a look in コンビニ, we would easily find sweets or drink including 抹茶 flavor without any attempt looking for it. While some Japanese traditional food or drink disappear, 抹茶 survived by collaborating with something, I guess. Sometimes this tendency produces something strange that might ruin true goodness which it has, but 抹茶’s case is not. By adapting themselves to the taste of the modern, they could avoid becoming outdated. 
























Even Macdonald has a product relevant to 抹茶

1 comment:

  1. So have you tried the 抹茶 McFlurry? How does it compare with the real thing? 抹茶, as a taste of Japan, seems to be popular in other countries as well.

    ReplyDelete