Friday, October 21, 2011

Combination of nature and city, TEMMABASHI


Temmabashi, where I did research and fieldwork for blog posting, has been said "there's really nothing fun in there". Somewhat, because of that, I hadn't been there until this time. This station is mainly used by business men, and most of them are double users of Keihan line and Tanimachi line, which is one of the subways in Osaka. For It's located near the Osaka city, all sorts of trains stops at there, Temmabashi.


 Someone who I talked to was on the way to his work place, even if he was kind of rushing, he  did not put some irritated expression on his face at all. This is my first try taking a picture of person all of a sudden like the guy in the movie we have watched.  



As like the title of my blog above, Temmabashi really looked like a combination of city and nature to me. Just by walking through the bunch of office block, there are some beautiful places to see with nature.


I guess this picture represent what Temmabashi is like best

He was not like what you guess, some of you would think I’ve captured something bad.

I found Osakajyo park following the suggestion of the guy I talked to, and a lot of people looking like passenger were chilling out there even if it was Wednesday morning.   

1 comment:

  1. I presented the Bruce Gilden video as methodology that we as visual anthropologists should not do.

    Temmabashi is an important station because of the new Keiahn Nakanoshima extension. There are a lot of shops and businesses around the station. And one can catch the Aqua-line for a short river cruise. With all of this going on I can't imagine anyone who would think there is nothing around this station.

    ReplyDelete